Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bakeshop Update

Short post to let you all know what my thoughts on a bakeshop are. First, thank you all for your comments, encouragement, and suggestions for how I can get my business going. I think for now, the best way to go is through a farmer's market. It helps build a rapport with local customers, create relationships, and gives me a set group of people who are potential customers at a set time each week. Now that I'm in Silver Spring, I'm considering applying to be a part of their weekly market next year.

And, I've been lucky enough that two very dear friends who are getting married next year agreed (after I asked) to let me make their wedding cakes. Thanks to Drew and Jess, who are an adorable, fantastic couple! More posts to come as I move forward with my ventures.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe well i would have asked even if you hadn't! i'd talked to drew about it already and he just wanted to make sure his mom got a say on flavors and such. i'm excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete