Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fall Photo Update 2013

Here's a quick photo overview of what I've been up to over the past month:

Wedding cake: (Same as this one. Each one gets easier, so I was very happy that I've shaved about an hour off my prep/cook/set up time.)
Batter and finished cake. I love this transformation.
I love "messy" frosting. It covers all potential mistakes. (Not that I ever make any...)
Pies for Thanksgiving:

Apple
Pecan

White bread for Thanksgiving Stuffing: 

The Joy of Cooking basic white bread recipe. It's never failed me. 
 Making my own vanilla extract:
2 or 3 years ago, my father in law gave me vanilla extract he made himself. I'm finally getting around to making my own. It takes approximately 3 months, and I have to use store-bought to supplement as I go through tons of vanilla.

 There's another pie and wedding cake in the works. I'll take step by step of the cake as it has a new filling that I'm excited to try!







1 comment: